The Vision of United Methodist Women
Turning faith, hope and love into action
on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
Our United Methodist Women (UMW) meet once a month to participate and support the national UMW organization. The United Methodist Women is the only official organization for women within the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1869, it is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members. Our mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
UMW and The United Methodist Church’s principles and values include:
- Promoting the empowerment of women, children and youth.
- Promoting anti-racism and multiculturalism.
- Promoting inclusion and equity.
- Promoting fair labor practices.
- Promoting economic and environmental stewardship and sustainability.
For more information about United Methodist Women or to join, please contact our office.