“Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing [so] some have entertained angels without knowing it.” Hebrews 13:1-2
Here at Watsonville First United Methodist Church it is our goal to offer radical hospitality to all our guests and visitors.*
- We ask God to give our church open hearts, open minds and open doors for all newcomers.
- We pray for opportunities to get to know the new people in our congregation.
- We call upon God to increase our responsiveness to the folks we haven’t even met yet.
- We look for opportunities to discuss our joys/struggles/fears related to our relationships with others and with God.
- We pray for God’s help in reaching out to our neighbors in love.
- To us, welcoming means helping people connect with ways to express their unique gifts through the church beyond worship.
- We ask God to give a sense of peace to those who ask for forgiveness.
- We seek to understand how others experience God in different ways.
- And we strive to go beyond our comfort zone in welcoming guests.
We invite all spiritual seekers to join us on our Christian journey. Welcome!
* Ideas inspired by United Methodist Communications, “Developing a Welcoming Congregation,” www.ignitingministry.org.
// Visitantes //